Role type: Part-time. 5 days a week, 20-25 hours a week
Pro-rata of $90k per annum plus super
The Perth Symphony Orchestra is the orchestra that breaks the rules. At almost 8 years old, the orchestra has performed to over 350,000 patrons, reaching communities from Burringurrah to Margaret River and everywhere in between. Our mission is ‘Music for Everyone’ – and we aspire to reach every Western Australian with incredible music experiences as well as have a global reputation for innovation, pushing boundaries and creating a new business model for orchestras in the 21st Century.
Perth Symphony Orchestra Limited:
- is a company limited by guarantee;
- is an income tax exempt charity;
- Has Deductible Gift Recipient status;
- Registered as a charity with Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC);
- Registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Perth’s Symphony Orchestra’s year end historically has been 30 June, however from 1 July 2018 the year end changed to 31 December to align with the calendar and event year.
Perth Symphony Orchestra Limited has been subject to audit since its incorporation. A copy of the lodged financial statements for the years ended 30 June 2018 and 30 June 2017 can be found on our website, perthsymphony.com
Perth Symphony Orchestra currently uses MYOB as its accounting software however, the organisation is seeking to upgrade its software commencing the next financial year 1 January 2020. No decision has been made, as yet, on the package to be adopted however Xero is being considered as one option.
Perth Symphony Orchestra is looking for a Finance Manager who will ensure the organisation’s financial and accounting activities accurate, efficient and provide a strong internal control environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, as finance manager, you will be responsible for all financial, accounting and company secretarial activities for Perth Symphony Orchestra. Specifically:
- Routine activities: payroll and PAYG (fortnightly), accounts payable, accounts receivable, BAS returns
- Non-routine activities: monthly accruals, monthly depreciation and amortisation, maintaining the fixed asset register, annual budgeting process, financial statement close process, financial report preparation and liaison with the auditors
- Reconciliations: all balance sheet accounts and P&L accounts monthly
- Board and leadership reporting: monthly balance sheet, P&L and cashflow, including budget
- Company secretarial and governance: maintaining the company register(s) with ASIC and ACNC in respect of changes in company details including directors, lodgement of annual returns, working with PSO’s team administrator with the preparation and board papers; working with the General Manager to maintain the enterprise risk register
The Finance Manager will also be responsible for assessing the accounting package options available to the organisation, including being part of the decision making on the most cost-effective option to support the organisation’s growth. The Finance Manager will then take the lead role in supporting the transition to the new software in 2020, establishing appropriate internal processes and controls, or amending existing documented controls as required.
The ideal candidate would suit a flexible 5-day work arrangement between 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday in Cottesloe.
Please read the full job description here before applying.
If this sounds like you, please forward your CV and cover letter summarising your suitability for the position.
The role presents an idea opportunity for a parent returning to the work force, requiring a flexible work arrangement with the ability to grow with the organisation.
Please submit applications and recruitment enquires to: email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday 30th Aug 2019.
We are always on the look out for volunteers to in the lead up to and at events! If you would like to get involved, please check the VOLUNTEERS page.
If you’re interested in general work experience with Perth Symphony on a part-time unpaid basis, please complete the form below, and let us know what areas you are interested in.