TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Boys entering must have parent consent and permission prior to posting an entry or emailing us
- Boys chosen to be in the top 10 must be available on Sunday 15th November for the workshop and auditions between 1pm and 3.30pm.
- Top 2 boys must be available for rehearsals between 2pm and 5pm on Wednesday 16th December and Thursday 17th Boys are not needed for the full 3 hours and final times will be confirmed.
- Top 2 boys must be available for the concert date – Saturday 19th December, between 1pm and 5pm (boys are not needed for the full 4 hours, exact times will be confirmed).
- Boys participating in the workshop agree to be photographed and video recorded by Perth Symphony for publicity purposes.
Q: I don’t have the music to “Walking in the Air”?
A: The top 10 boys chosen from the video entrants will be sent the music once they confirm their place in the top 10
Q: Do I have to sing “Walking in the Air”?
A: For your video entry, you can sing whatever song you like! But in the concert, you will need to sing “Walking in the Air”.. otherwise you won’t match the orchestra!
Q: That sounds like a lot of rehearsal! What if I can’t make one of the times?
A: We aim to give magical and memorable performances to the best of our ability – that takes practice! The boys will not be needed for the full rehearsal time listed, but will be expected to make part of the rehearsal call times. Exact timings can be confirmed at a later date – and we will try our best to work out a time that suits everyone.
Q: Where will the rehearsals be held?
A: Vocal workshop, auditions, rehearsals and the concert will be held at Scotch College – 76 Shenton Rd, Swanbourne.
Q: What is the prize?
A: The top 10 boys will participate in a vocal workshop, free of charge, hosted by David Jones from WA Opera, as well as 2 free tickets (1 adult, 1 child) to see the concert.
The 2 boys chosen to perform will have the opportunity of a lifetime – to perform with a symphony orchestra! This is not an opportunity many people get to experience and it is exhilarating! Each boy will win a free family pass (2 adult + 2 child tickets) to the concert.
Q: Will the performance be recorded
A: The concert will be recorded. We will have a photographer during the concert and take video footage during the workshop, rehearsals and concert. Boys participating agree to give Perth Symphony permission to take photos and videos for promotional use.