FOR SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS
We aim to awaken a curiosity about music in young children of all ages and open the door to a world of magic through our music.
Perth Symphony has a range of programs, workshops and more, tailored to different age groups with the aim of bringing the symphony to life and inspiring a passion for music that will last a lifetime.
Programs can be customised to suit curriculum needs or simply bring something new and exciting to complement your current music activities. Initiatives include:
- Mini Maestros – noisy, interactive workshops for primary school students presented by one of our ensembles – strings, brass, woodwind or percussion – aimed at introducing students to instruments and different styles of music.
- Ensemble Masterclasses – PSO musicians work with small chamber groups in schools, running masterclasses and demonstrations
- Share the Chair – PSO musicians join a school ensemble or orchestra, so school musicians get to sit next to a professional in rehearsal, setting new benchmarks. The PSO musicians pass on tips, ideas, encouragement and more
- Individualised composition, conducting, performance, musicianship and music profession mentorship as needed – from concert programming, rehearsal and practice techniques, arranging and more, PSO musicians and staff work with children to develop new skills and gain experience
- Customised programs – we can customise a program or single activity to achieve the objectives of teachers and music departments. These can include workshops with singer-songwriters, demonstrations from sound engineers, rap workshops or helping a school create a new ensemble.
For more information or to enquire, please complete the form below.